Errors happen to the best of us. Even a single misplaced keystroke can crash the script you have been slaving over for hours.
LiveCode has 3 ways to handle error messages:
- inline – errors should be output to the browser
set the errorMode to "inline"
- stderr – errors should be written out to stderr
set the errorMode to "stderr"
- quiet – output nothing when an error occurs
set the errorMode to "quiet"
- For security purposes, you should always set the errorMode to quiet on live applications and scripts as it can help prevent a script getting hacked.
- Test often
- Take a break and relax – it does noone any good when spend countless hours slaving in front of computer screen